I think I am given up on Twitter, I just can’t deal with it anymore. I really got into it when it first came out but lately I just can’t deal with it any longer.
The reasons are pretty much the same as everyone else who is giving it up.
– not enough real news, I find myself staying updated just by using my RSS feeds. Yes maybe on twitter, if you catch it, you will know about something right away but I don’t keep after it enough to even worry about that.
– I have gone nearly 3 weeks if not more without starting up TweetDeck and I can honestly say I do not miss it at all.
– It started to get very overwhelming when logging on, I just don’t have the time or desire to keep up with it.
– Twitter is becoming more of marketing tool then what I originally was using it for, a news source. This probably works well for some, not me.
– People are just following to get more followers!
I began to think that I need to be more selective in who I follow. I don’t follow everyone that follows me. I really only follow technology, nascar and the outdoors. I probably need to narrow that down to just news sources and tweets that I find valuable and stop following everyone and everything that has to do with the topics I listed. However, don’t RSS feeds really accomplish this as well? And aren’t a lot of tweets links to websites? Don’t RSS feeds accomplish this?
Also it seems that those who are on twitter are also on Facebook and post the same thing to both sites. I don’t find Facebook as overwhelming as Twitter and Facebook provides a better venue for discussing a topic with others who are also interested in the same topic.
How do you feel about twitter?